Saturday: 10h30, 16h30
Sunday: 14h30, 16h30
Saturday: 11h30 com Arq. Teresa Duarte
Sunday: 10h00 com Arq. Bernardo Pimentel
No reservation required; first-come, first-served
Maximum 25 people per visit
Founded in 1653 and rebuilt after the 1755 earthquake, the convent was occupied by nuns until the extinction of religious orders in the mid 19th century. This followed a period of different occupations and uses: school, polytechnic high school, movie and performance theatre, headquarters of a philharmonic band and, in recent years, as housing. The Lisbon Municipality acquired the derelict convent and implemented reconstruction works that culminated with the installation onsite of the Puppet Museum and a restaurant, as well as re-homing families and the neighbourhood’s community group.