Saturday: 11h, 12h, 13h, 14h, 15h, 16h
Saturday: 10h, 17h
No reservation required; first-come, first-served
Maximum 20 people per visit
Set in the urban fabric of downtown Lisbon, the church of S. Julião and the adjacent block are the result of a massive reconstruction project following the devastation of the 1755 earthquake. The entire set is owned by the Bank of Portugal since the 1930s, and the church was converted into service areas following its deconsecration. After overall rehabilitation and restoration works, the former church now functions as a cultural space open to the community. From 2016, it will house the Museum of Money while the King Dinis Wall Interpretation Centre, also located here, is already running.